With the pandemic still keeping many working from home, Remote Desktop on Windows 10 has been a really useful tool. It allows you to easily connect from one PC or device to another in order to recover data or give PC help.
Simply explained, Remote Desktop is a novel method of connecting two devices. Use Remote Desktop on your Windows, Android, or iOS smartphone to connect to a Windows 10 PC from anywhere at any time. You may obtain a document, run an application, examine an issue, or just work remotely as long as the PC is switched on and set up.
Windows Support shares how you can set up Remote Desktop and utilize it:
- Set up the PC you want to connect to so it allows remote connections:
- Make sure you have Windows 10 Pro. To check, go to Start > Settings > System > About and look for Edition. For info on how to get it, go to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.
- When you’re ready, select Start > Settings > System > Remote Desktop, and turn on Enable Remote Desktop.
- Make note of the name of this PC under How to connect to this PC. You’ll need this later.
- Use Remote Desktop to connect to the PC you set up:
- On your local Windows 10 PC: In the search box on the taskbar, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then select Remote Desktop Connection. In Remote Desktop Connection, type the name of the PC you want to connect to (from Step 1), and then select Connect.
- On your Windows, Android, or iOS device: Open the Remote Desktop app (available for free from Microsoft Store, Google Play, and the Mac App Store), and add the name of the PC that you want to connect to (from Step 1). Select the remote PC name that you added, and then wait for the connection to complete.“
If you ever have an issue with any Windows OS tools, give us a call at 1-800-620-5285. Karls Technology is a nationwide computer service company with offices in many major cities. This blog post was brought to you by our staff at the Atlanta Computer Repair Service. If you need computer repair in Atlanta, GA please call or text the local office at (678) 695-8120.