Windows 10 is pretty good about detecting any issues with its OS, including its camera. However, it is not always perfect and things happen. Some users have issues with their built-in webcams and luckily, there’s an easy fix.
Take the steps below
- Start Menu < Imaging Devices, Cameras (or Sound, video and game controllers)
- Notice if your camera has been recognized. If you don’t see it, click on Action from the top left menu.
- Click on Scan for hardware changes
Remember if these steps don’t work out the first time, it’s recommended that you restart your computer and try again. If that doesn’t work, it might be the following issues:
- USB port issue
- The camera itself needing replaced
- Incompatible or outdated driver
- possible anti-virus program blocking camera
- privacy settings
If you’re needing your camera, be sure to give permission, check your anti-virus program or try the steps above to alleviate the problem.
Your website’s SEO is a valuable part of your business, and if you need help with your search engine optimization, call us at 1-800-620-5285. Karls Technology is a nationwide computer service company with offices in many major cities. This blog post was brought to you from our staff at the Arvada Computer Repair Service, if you need better SEO or computer repair in Arvada, CO please call or text the local office at (720) 441-6460.